MagicGate® Memory Stick® Media Update
What Does This Do?
This utility installs the MagicGate® Memory Stick® Media Update to resolve the following issues:
- "Authentication error" occurs when checking out ATRAC3 format music to MagicGate Memory Stick Media
- Music checkout from SonicStage software to the Memory Stick® media is interrupted.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This update application requires that 132KB of memory be available in your CLIÉ handheld. Before installing this application, follow these steps to confirm that there is enough memory available.
- Tap the "Home" icon.
- Tap the "Menu" icon and select [Info...]. All internal data information is displayed.
- Tap "Size" at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the "Free Space:..." listed.
- Tap the "Done" button to exit.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Make sure that Palm™ Desktop for CLIÉ software is installed on your PC from the installation CD-ROM supplied with your CLIÉ handheld.
- Please confirm that the computer is configured to be able to perform a HotSync® operation. (For the detailed information about HotSync, refer to the CLIÉ™ handheld's Read This First manual.)
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the MGMSPTCH.PRC file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- WARNING!!: Please perform a soft reset on your CLIÉ ™ handheld BEFORE performing the update installation by pressing the small reset button on the left side of your CLIÉ™ handheld. For more detailed information, refer to the CLIÉ ™ Read This First manual.
- On your PC, start the Palm® Desktop for CLIÉ™ software.
- Click the Install icon. The Install tool wizard starts.
- At the "Install Tool" window, select the appropriate user name from the user list.
- Click "Add."
- Navigate to the location to which you saved the update file.
- Select the application file "MGMSPTCH.PRC" and click "Open."
- Click "Done."
- Place your CLIÉ ™ handheld on the cradle, and perform a HotSync® operation.
- After the HotSync operation finishes, you are prompted to reset your CLIÉ ™ handheld.
- Tap "Reset."
NOTE: When installing the MGMSPTCH.PRC update file from a Memory Stick® media, it is necessary to perform a soft reset of the CLIÉ™ handheld after the installation.
Confirm a Successful Installation
- Tap the "Home" icon on the CLIÉ™ handheld.
- Tap the "Menu" icon, and select [Info...]. All internal data information is displayed.
- Tap "Version" at the bottom of the screen. The software version for each item is displayed.
- Scroll down the list and confirm that the 3452MGLib file is version 1.02 and SCSILib is version 1.11.
- Tap the "Done" button to exit.
NOTE: If the version number is not 1.20, re-download the MGMSPTCH.PRC and install it again.
If you have difficulty installing the update, contact the Sony Customer Information Center: 1-877-760-SONY (7669).
Please read following conditions carefully.
- Please follow the instructions when operating this program.
- Palm, Palm OS and HotSync are trademarks of Palm, Inc. and (or) its subsidiaries.
- Sony, Memory Stick, MagicGate, SonicStage and CLIÉ are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- Copyright 2003 Sony Electronics, Inc.