- Download the SOA002XDAY.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOA002XDAY.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Asus BIOS 1002 Installation Utility - InstallShield Wizard" box, click Next.
Make sure the formatted bootable floppy disk is inserted in the disk drive.
- After the BIOS files are copied to the floppy disk, verify that "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" is selected and click Finish.
As the computer restarts, it will boot from the floppy drive. The BIOS update utility will launch.
Please wait as the installation of the BIOS will take one to two minutes to complete. Once the installation is complete, the utility will exit to a command prompt.
- At the A:\> prompt, eject the floppy disk from the floppy drive.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait a few seconds and turn the computer back on.
- At the initial "Sony" screen, press the F2 key to enter BIOS setup.
- At the "Award BIOS Setup Utility" screen, press F5 to load the BIOS Setup default settings.
- At the"Setup confirmation" box, confirm "Yes" is highlighted, and then press the ENTER key.
- Press the F10 key to save the configuration and to exit the BIOS setup.
- At "Setup confirmation" box, make sure "Yes" is highlighted, and then press the ENTER key. The computer will restart.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS is complete.