- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the KMFOPD-00704302-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the KMFOPD-00704302-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Matshita® UJ-820 DVD±RW Optical Drive Firmware Update Utility for Microsoft..." screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "F/W Loader UJ-820B_V1.01_for_VAIO" dialog box, open the Disc Tray then click "OK".
- Confirm that the Disc Tray is open and click "OK".
- Click "OK" to start the Firmware Update process.
NOTE: Please wait while the DVD-RW firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- Click "Exit" after the Firmware Update is complete.
- Shut down the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the Matshita® UJ-820 DVD±RW Optical Drive Firmware Update is complete.