- Download the QS-S04060802HX04US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the QS-S04060802HX04US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "QSI® SBW242U DVD/CD-RW Optical Drive Firmware Update for Microsoft® Windows® XP " box, click Next.
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Language" dialog box, click "English".
- At the "Firmware Update Tool ver 3.64 for VAIO" dialog box, click "OK".
- Click "UPDATE" to start the Firmware Update process. Please wait while the DVD/CD-RW firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- After the Utility finishes the update, click the "OK" button at the "FINISH" dialog box to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the QSI SBW242U DVD/CD-RW Optical Drive firmware update is complete.