What Does This Do?
This utility will update Sony ALPS Pointing Device (Touchpad) Driver and Control Utility and resolves the following issues:
- Scroll area setting is changed after resuming from standby or restarting the computer.
- Tapping function does not work with IME (Input Method Editor) and key inputting.
- Auto Jump function is disabled after restarting the system. (For Windows® 2000 systems only)
- Hibernation timer becomes ineffective when Giga Pocket Reservation Manager is running in the Task Tray. ( For PCG-GRT240G, PCG-GRT260G, and PCG-GRT270G only)
- Mouse cursor will not scroll horizontally in Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.
- Supports the Sony® USB Mouse button selection and button function exchange feature.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony® ALPS Pointing Device (Touchpad) Driver and Control Utility is complete.
- Download the AL-D51090C02LL03US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the AL-D51090C02LL03US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Alps TouchPad Driver version 5.3.510.9 for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP " box, click Next.
Please wait for this utility to extract the installation files and check the computer model.
- At the "Finished" box, click Finish.
- At the "Install" box , click OK to restart the computer.