- BEFORE installing this update, it is necessary to identify the DVD/CD-ROM Drive installed in the computer, which will determine whether or not this update is required.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- Double-click the System icon.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager button.
- Double-click the DVD/CD-ROM drives icon.
- The list of DVD/CD-ROM devices should display a "QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-241". If this device is not displayed, do not continue with the steps below because this firmware update should not be applied to your computer.
- Download the QS-4VS040802HG03US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the QS-4VS040802HG03US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "QSI® SBW-241 DVD/CD-RW Drive Firmware Update for Microsoft® Windows® XP" box, click Next.
- At the "Language" box, click English.
- At the "Firmware Update Tool ver 3.63 for VAIO" box, click OK.
- At the next "Firmware Update Tool ver 3.63 for VAIO" box, click Update.
At this point the drive will be updated with the new firmware. This process may take a few minutes.
NOTE: Do not close the ejected drive until after the firmware update is complete.
- At the "FINISH" box, click OK. The computer will restart.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the QSI DVD/CD-RW Drive Firmware Update is complete.