- Download the PH-A03K70802EF.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PH-A03K70802EF.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "BIOS Installation Utility - InstallShield Wizard" screen, click Next.
- At the "Information" window, insert a blank 3½ floppy diskette to the floppy disk drive (A:) and click OK.
- At the "Creating the CRISIS diskette on drive A:" screen, press ENTER.
WARNING!!: All the data in the floppy disk will be erased.
- At the "The CRISIS diskette in drive A: is being formatted" screen, press ENTER. Please wait as the floppy is formatted.
- At the "Volume label (11 characters, ENTER for none)?" prompt, type in a name (such as BIOSUPD) and press ENTER.
- At the "QuickFormat another (Y/N)?" prompt, press the N key and then press ENTER.
- Press ENTER again to continue. Please wait as the BIOS installation files are copied to the floppy disk.
- At the "Press any key to continue..." prompt, press ENTER. Please wait as the BIOS installation disk is made bootable.
- At the "Press any key to continue..." prompt, press ENTER.
- At the "CRISIS diskette on drive A: successfully created" screen, leave the floppy disk in the drive and press ENTER.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, verify that "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" is selected and click Finish. Be sure to leave the bootable floppy disk with the BIOS files in the floppy drive. As the computer restarts, it will boot from the floppy disk instead of the hard drive.
- At the "Confirmation" screen, press Y key to start the update of the BIOS. Please wait as the installation of the BIOS will take one to two minutes to complete. Once the installation is complete, the computer will automatically turn off.
- Eject the bootable BIOS installation disk from the drive.
- Turn on the computer.
- At the black "SONY" screen, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS Setup.
- At the "PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility" screen, press ESC key.
- From the "Exit" menu, press the DOWN ARROW key until "Get Default Values" is highlighted.
- Press ENTER.
- At the "Setup Confirmation" box, verify "Yes" is highlighted and press ENTER.
- From the "Exit" menu, verify "Exit (Save Changes)" is highlighted and press ENTER.
- At the "Setup Confirmation" box, verify "Yes" is highlighted and press Enter.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS update is complete.