USB driver for the Sony® MVC-CD1000 Mavica™ Digital Still Camera
What Does This Do?
This utility will install the Microsoft® Windows® Me USB driver for the Sony® MVC-CD1000 Mavica™ Digital Still Camera
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- Make sure the Adaptec Direct CD® software that came with the camera is installed on the computer BEFORE installing the Windows Me USB driver. This will enable all the pictures on the disk to be viewed before the disk is finalized.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Please confirm that there is not a disk inserted in the MVC-CD1000.
- Make sure the MVC-CD1000 is not connected to the computer while installing this update.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the MVCDV17E.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MVCDV17E.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "USB Driver Software Ver. 1.7" box, do not modify the existing "Extract Directory" entry, and click OK. A folder titled "mavica_usb" will appear on the Windows desktop.
- Double-click the "mavica_usb" folder to open it.
- At the "mavica_usb" window, double-click the Setup icon.
- At the "Choose Setup Language" box, click OK to continue the installation for English.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard" window, click the Next button.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" message, click the Finish button.
- At the "The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed..." screen, confirm there are no discs in the drives, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now," and click the Finish button to restart the computer.
- Please continue with the next section below.
Connect the MVC-CD1000 Mavica® Camera to the Computer
Make sure the disk cover is closed when connecting the MVC-CD1000 to the computer via the USB cable. If you connect it with the disk cover open, it cannot be recognized properly. If this happens, please close the disk cover, disconnect the USB cable, and reconnect it firmly.
- After the computer has restarted, please connect the MVC-CD1000 to the computer via the USB port, and then power it on. The "Add Hardware Wizard" begins.
NOTE: If a "DirectCD Disc Ready" box appears, click OK..
- The installation will complete automatically. If a prompt to restart the computer appears, please restart the computer accordingly.
NOTE: After the restart, the Add Hardware Wizard may begin again if you use two or more USB ports. If this occurs, simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation..
Important Information about Mavica™ Disconnection and Disk Capacity Indication
- The disk capacity indicated by Windows Me may not be correct. If a message indicating that the disk capacity is not enough appears while recording on the disk with the MVC-CD1000, the image data may not be saved properly.
- Before you disconnect the Mavica from the computer, do the following:
- Right-click on the "Adaptec DirectCD" icon located in the Windows system tray, and click "Exit" from the list. If desired, please refer to the supplied instruction manual for further details.
- Right-click on the "Unplug or Eject Hardware" icon on the Windows system tray, and then click "Unplug or Eject hardware."
- Under "Hardware devices," select "Sony Mavica," and click the Stop button.
- At the "Stop a Hardware Device" box, select "Sony Mavica," again, and then click OK.
- At the "Safe to Remove Hardware" box, click OK.
- Click the Close button to exit the "Unplug or Eject Hardware" window.
- You can now detach the Mavica™ and the USB cable from the computer.