Memory Stick® Voice Editor Version 2.03 Update
What Does This Do?
This utility updates the Memory Stick® Voice Editor software for the ICD-MS1 to Version 2.03 and provides a variety of benefits and issue resolutions.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This utility does the following:
- Provides Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system compatibility
- The main window of the Memory Stick® Voice Editor Version 2 software offers new functions:
- The Memory Stick message pane displays Memory Stick drive, folders and message information.
- The Toolbar contains the buttons for quick access to common menu tasks
- The PC message pane displays folders and messages stored in your computerís hard disk.
- The Player pane controls playback operation and displays information about the message being played back.
- Mail and voice recognition buttons enable you to send voice e-mail messages and execute the voice recognition. To send a voice e-mail message, the following e-mail applications can be used:
- Microsoft® Outlook® Express 5.0/5.5/6.0
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2000/2002
- QUALCOMM® Eudora® 5.0/5.1 (Paid Mode)
- In order to install correctly, this update requires that Memory Stick® Voice Editor Version 1.x software that came bundled with the ICD-MS1 Memory Stick® IC Recorder be installed on the computer.
- Memory Stick Voice Editor software Version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 will be uninstalled as part of this upgrade process.
- The following Memory Stick Voice Editor Ver. 2 software functions are unavailable for an MSV(ADPCM) file:
- Changing the user name
- Dividing or combining
- Bookmark playback
- Changing the priority setting (This can be set on the Memory Stick®.)
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Memory Stick® Voice Editor Version 2.03 Update is complete.
- Close all open programs that are running to prevent possible interference with the installation of this update. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the MSVE203EUPGRADE.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MSVE203EUPGRADE.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Memory Stick Voice Editor" window, click "OK" to proceed with the installation.
NOTE: The previously installed version of the Memory Stick Editor software will be removed as a normal part of this installation process.
- At the 'Confirm File Deletion" box, click "Yes".
NOTE: If a "Removed Shared File" message appears, click "No to All".
- At the "Remove Programs From Your Computer" screen, click OK.
- At the "Welcome" window, click Next.
- At the "Read Me File" window, please read the agreement and then click "Next".
- At the "Choose Destination Location" window, click "OK" to install the software in the default directory (C:\Program Files\Sony\Memory Stick Voice Editor\).
NOTE: To install the software in an alternate location, click the Browse button. Navigate to the desired directory and click "OK".
- At the "Select Program Manager Group" window, click "Next".
- At the "Start Installation" box, click "Next".
- At the "ReadMe-Notepad" window, either read the document or print it for later review. Click the X at the top-right to close the "ReadMe-Notepad" window.
- At the "Installation Complete" window, click "Finish".
- At the "Install" box, click OK to restart the computer.
After upgrading, the setup for using the Memory Stick® Voice Editor Version 2.03 software with the ICD-MS1 is usually completed automatically. However, if the setup does not work properly, it may be necessary to reset the file mode for saving/adding. When a message is added to the Memory Stick or saved to the computer, it needs to be added as a "ADPCM" file.
Please follow these steps to set the file mode:
- Launch the Memory Stick® Voice Editor Version 2.03 application.
- On the Toolbar, click the "Option" button.
- At the "Option" window, click the "Codec" tab.
- Under "Add to the Memory Stick," select "ADPCM (for ICD-MS1)".
- Under "Save on the PC," select "MSV Files (ADPCM: For ICD-MS1)".
- Click "OK".