What Does This Do?
This is free, dedicated software for use with the DVF, ICS, MSV and WAV file types used by the ICD-BP100, ICD-BP120, ICD-MS1, ICD-R100 IC Recorders.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This is free, dedicated software for use with Sony® IC Recorder files. This program supports the following file types:
- DVF (Digital Voice file): [filename].dvf
The DVF file is a sound file format used in recording messages on the Sony IC recorder models ICD-BP100/BP120.
- ICS file (Sony IC recorder Sound file): [filename].ics
The ICS file is Sony's original sound file format used in recording messages on the IC recorder model ICD-R100.
- MSV file (Memory Stick Voice file): [filename].msv
The MSV file is a sound file format used in recording messages on the Memory Stick IC recorder model ICD-MS1.
- WAV file (WAV FILE - 8kHz/11kHz/16kHz, 8bit/16 bit monaural file): [filename].wav
The WAV file is a PCM 8kHz/11kHz/16kHz, 8bit/16bit monaural sound file used in recorded sound in standard Windows application software.
- Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
Minimum System Requirements:
- IBM PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000
- CPU: 200MHz Pentium® processor or higher
- RAM: 64MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 20MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- Sound Board: Sound Blaster 16 Compatible
For program usage information, please refer Help section in the application.
- IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
- Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation, registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Apple and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc., registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
- All other trademarks and registered trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Download and Installation Instructions
After the computer restarts, the installation is complete.
- Download the DVPSETUP203E.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the DVPSETUP203E.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Read Me File" screen, please read the License agreement, and click "I agree."
- At the "Choose Destination" screen, click "Next" to install the update to the default folder C:\Program Files\SONY\Digital Voice Player 2.0.
NOTE: To install the program in a different directory, click the browse button, navigate to the desired directory, and click "OK".
- At the "Select Program Manager Group" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Start Installation" screen, click "Next".
- A "Readme.txt - Notepad" window will appear. It is highly recommended to read this file before using the Digital Voice Player Ver 2.1 software. Click the X located at the top-right corner to close the "Readme.txt - Notepad" window.
The Readme.txt file can be later accessed at the C:\Program Files\SONY\Digital Voice Player 2.0 directory.
- At the "Installation Complete" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "Install" box, confirm all disks are removed from the drives, and click "OK" to restart the computer.