Follow these steps to program the remote control.
- Turn on the televison to be programmed.
- On the remote control, press and hold the TV CONTROL ON button.
- While holding the TV CONTROL ON button, enter the television manufacturer code.
NOTE: If more than one key code sequence is listed for the manufacturer, enter one code at a time until you find one that works.
- Release the TV CONTROL ON button.
- Point the remote control at the television.
- Press the TV POWER button to verify operation.
- If a key code sequence is entered, the code number previously entered will be erased.
- When the batteries are replaced, the programmed codes may be erased. It may be necessary to reprogram the remote after replacing the batteries.
- Some product functions may not be able to be controlled by the remote control. Use the remote control provided with the component.
- In some rare cases, you may not be able to operate your non-Sony equipment with the supplied remote control. This is because your equipment may use a code that is not provided with this remote control. In this case, use the remote control that was provided with the equipment or purchase a universal remote control that has a learning function.
- If programming fails, it may be necessary to reset the remote control. To reset the remote control, remove the batteries and press each button on the remote control twice.