Programming instructions for this remote are shown at the bottom of this page.
Follow these steps to program the remote control.
IMPORTANT: All numeric codes for this model are not provided online because the remote codes are selectable and display on the remote control.
NOTE: These instructions apply to BRAND programming only. To program the remote control using the SOLUTION or SEARCH methods, please refer to the instruction manual provided with the remote control.
- Power on the component to be programmed.
- On the remote control, touch and hold the SET key for approximately two seconds.
- Touch the PRESET key.
- Touch the component key for the component to be programmed.
- Touch the BRAND key.
- Touch the OK key.
- On the right side of the display screen, touch the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys to select the brand of the component being programmed.
- Point the remote control at the component and touch the TEST key.
- Touch the OK key.
NOTE: If more than one code number is listed for the manufacturer, repeat the previous two steps, selecting a different code for the manufacturer, until the component responds to the remote control.
- If a new code number is entered, the code number previously entered will be erased.
- When the batteries are replaced, the programmed codes may be erased. It may be necessary to reprogram the remote after replacing the batteries.
- The operation of a combination deck of any kind is not guaranteed.
- Some product functions may not be able to be controlled by the remote control. Use the Use the remote control provided with the component.
- If none of the codes listed for the manufacturer work, it may be necessary to try codes listed for other manufacturers or perform a search for the correct code. Consult the Operating Instructions provided with the remote control for steps on searching for the correct code.
- In some rare cases, you may not be able to operate your non-Sony equipment with the supplied remote control. This is because your equipment may use a code that is not provided with this remote control. In this case, please use the equipment's own remote control.