PlayMemories Home Version 4.1
What Does This Do?
The latest version of the PlayMemories Home™ software is available for download. This software is also provided for installation / upgrade for users of PlayMemories Home, Picture Motion Browser, and Cyber-shot® Viewer software.
- The PlayMemories Home software helps you easily organize, view, and edit photos and videos for your Sony digital cameras and camcorders
- The PlayMemories Home software succeeds Picture Motion Browser (PMB) and is recommended for installation in its place. If you cannot locate your original software disc, you can download and install this latest version of PlayMemories Home
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Download and Installation Instructions
The latest PlayMemories Home software is available from the PlayMemories Home Web Site. Carefully read the information provided on the PlayMemories Home web page to download the file and complete the installation.
- This utility updates the following programs to the latest version of the PlayMemories Home software:
- PlayMemories Home
- PlayMemories Home Lite Version
- Picture Motion Browser version 1.1 - 5.8
- Cyber-shot Viewer version 1.0
- To use some features (AVCHD movie playback or creating discs), you may be prompted to connect a Sony camera or camcorder to your computer via the USB port.
- To use this software your computer must have Microsoft® Windows® XP (with Service Pack 3) or newer operating system installed.
- If you update from Picture Motion Browser 5.0 or later, or PlayMemories Home and Music Transfer is already installed, you need to reinstall Music Transfer after updating to PlayMemories Home. Please download and install Music Transfer from the Music Transfer for Windows site.
- Before starting the update process, make sure that neither PlayMemories Home nor Picture Motion Browser are open.
- The computer must be connected to the Internet during the installation process.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
After the installation, start the program and refer to the "Help" menu for operating instructions.
Additional information and operating instructions are available from the PlayMemories Home Support Site.