- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the PHBSYS-15328500-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PHBSYS-15328500-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "BIOS Update Utility" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "VAIO BIOS Update Tool 1.0.01.10181" screen, verify the new version that will be installed is R1081W5, and then click "Update" to begin.
- At the "WBFLASH" screen, click "OK" to continue.
- At the "BIOS Update Successfully Completed" screen, click "OK" to shutdown the computer.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
The installation of the BIOS Update is complete.