- WARNING!! The Sony Reader must be fully charged before installing this update. Failure to fully charge the Reader before installing the firmware update may cause the Reader to be unresponsive or to require repair.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Please confirm again that your model is PRS-T1 before you start the download.
- Download the PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.05.11130.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
Please check if the file has been downloaded correctly without any damage.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.05.11130.exe file, and then click 'Properties' in the menu.
- Click the "digital signature" tab and check if the name of signer shows correctly "Sony Corporation".
- Connect the Sony Reader to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Wait until the "USB connected" screen is displayed on the Reader, and then tap "Data Transfer Mode".
- If the Reader for PC software starts, close Reader for PC before continuing.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.05.11130.exe file to begin the installation.
WARNING!!: Do not disconnect the Sony Reader during the update process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: The Sony Reader will automatically restart during the update process.
- After the software update is complete, an "Update Completed" message is displayed.
- Click the "X" to close the update utility.
After the Sony Reader restarts, and the Reader displays an update complete message, the installation of the Sony Reader (PRS-T1) Update is complete.