Using Windows 8 with your Sony product.
Navigation & General Operation
- Windows 8 getting started
- How to navigate in the new Windows User Interface (UI)
- Where can I find help on how to use the operating system?
- Where are the Start button and Start menu
- Navigate to the Windows 8 Desktop
- How to perform a search.
- Keyboard shortcuts for the Windows 8 operating system.
- How to access and use the on-screen keyboard.
- Shut down, restart or put the computer to sleep
Settings & Adjustments
- Change, customize or control the computer settings
- Access the Control Panel
- What are the Notifications in the Windows 8 operating system?
- Set up a multiple monitor configuration
- Set up different backgrounds with each monitor
- Show all files and folders
- Show file name extensions
- Set up and use the File History feature
Internet Explorer 10
- How to Use the Internet Explorer 10 App
- How to use tabs in Internet Explorer 10
- How to set or change the Home Page
- How to change the default search provider
- How to use the Snap feature
- Differences between the Windows User Interface & the Desktop versions
- Switch between the Windows User Interface and Desktop versions
Data Migration & Recovery
- Back-up and Restore Your Data Using Windows Easy Transfer
- Perform System Recovery Outside of Windows on a Sony VAIO PC
- Perform a System Recovery Within Windows 8 Using a Sony VAIO PC
Search for More Answers
Installation & Compatibility
- Upgrade your Sony VAIO® PC
- System requirements
- Lost or forgotten the product key for my upgrade
- Change the operating system installation path
- How to find my old Windows user profile
- Sony consumer electronics product compatibility
- Switch from the Start screen to the Desktop
- Add a Shut Down button to the Start screen
- Open programs not listed on the Start screen
- Change the account picture on the Start screen
- What are the squares/rectangles on the Start screen?
- Uninstall Start screen application
- How are Start screen applications different?
Network & Wireless Connections
- Connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi®
- Connect to a wireless network or access point
- Create a PPPoE connection to access the Internet
- Enable or disable the Bluetooth wireless feature
- What is the Device charm?
- How to use the device charm feature
- What options are available in the Settings charm?
- Share files and information using the Share charm