Follow these steps to program the remote control.
- Turn on the VCR to be programmed.
- On the remote control, move the PIP/VTR switch to VCR.
- Move the VTR 1/2/3/MDP switch to VTR 2.
- Press and hold the CODE SET button.
- While holding the CODE SET button, enter the manufacturer code number using the number pad.
- Release the CODE SET button.
- When the batteries are replaced, the programming may be erased. It may be necessary to reprogram the remote after replacing the batteries.
- The operation of a combination deck of any kind is not guaranteed.
- Some product functions may not be able to be controlled by the remote control. Use the remote control provided with the component.
- In some rare cases, you may not be able to operate your non-Sony equipment with the supplied remote control. This is because your equipment may use a code that is not provided with this remote control. In this case, use the remote control that was provided with the equipment or purchase a universal remote control that has a learning function.
- If programming fails, it may be necessary to reset the remote control. To reset the remote control, remove the batteries and press each button on the remote control twice.