Follow these steps to program the remote control.
- On the remote control, press and hold the INPUT button.
- While holding down the INPUT button, press the appropriate FUNCTION button for the component being programmed.
- Release the both buttons.
NOTE: The FUNCTION button will illuminate and should remain illuminated through the end of the procedure. Each subsequent step in this procedure must be completed within 10 seconds of the previous step.
- Press the number buttons to enter the numeric code corresponding to the component and the make of the component to be controlled.
NOTE: If more than one code number is listed for the manufacturer, enter one code at a time until you find one that works.
- While the FUNCTION button is still lit, press the menu select button.
button will blink twice if programmed correctly. If not, it will blink five times.
- If a new code number is entered, the code number previously entered will be erased.
- When the batteries are replaced, the programmed codes may be erased. It may be necessary to reprogram the remote after replacing the batteries.
- The operation of a combination deck of any kind is not guaranteed.
- Some product functions may not be able to be controlled by the remote control. Use the remote control provided with the component.
- In some rare cases, you may not be able to operate your non-Sony equipment with the supplied remote control. This is because your equipment may use a code that is not provided with this remote control. In this case, use the remote control that was provided with the equipment or purchase a universal remote control that has a learning function.
- If programming fails, it may be necessary to reset the remote control. To reset the remote control, remove the batteries and press each button on the remote control twice.