- Download the KMFOPD-00679605-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double click the KMFOPD-00679605-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Matshita DVD-RW UJ-812 Optical Firmware Update for Microsoft® Windows® XP " box, click Next.
- At the "License Agreement" dialog box, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree".
- At the "F/W Loader Firmware Upgrade Utility" dialog box, open the Disc Tray then click "OK".
- Confirm that the Disc Tray is open, then click OK.
- To start the Firmware Update process, click OK. Please wait while the DVD-RW firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- After the Firmware Update is complete, click Exit.
- At the "FINISH" dialog box, click OK to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the firmware update of the Matshita DVD-RW UJ-812 optical drive is complete.