- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Close the ConnectPlayer software, if it is running.
- Download the NW-A600_V2_0.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Using the supplied USB cable, connect the Network Walkman Portable Audio Player to the computer.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the NW-A600_V2_0.exe file to begin the installation.
- At the "Open File - Security Warning" screen, click "Run."
- At the "License Agreement" Screen, read the agreement, select "I agree" and click Next.
- At the "Connect the device to update the software" message, please make sure the NW-A608 is connected securely to the computer via the USB cable, and click "OK."
- At the "Close all the programs..." message, make sure all other programs are closed and click "OK."
- At the "The current software (Version=1.00) of the NW-A608 device will be updated to Version 2.00...." message, click OK to proceed.
IMPORTANT: This update will take around 7 minutes to complete. Once initiated, the update cannot be canceled. Trying to cancel the firmware update may damage the device.
- At the "The software for the NWA608 device has been updated to version 2.00 successfully." message, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: Although the update progress bar may indicate 100%, the update is not fully complete until this message appears.
The firmware update is complete. You can now disconnect the device from the computer.