October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Sony Customer,
Sony strives to design high quality products, and we are committed to providing a positive customer experience.
A Sony network outage caused certain BRAVIA LCD TV models to repeatedly reboot and Internet services to be temporarily disabled. This outage was caused by an internal server error, which has now been fixed. Sony will address issues that arise, if any, as quickly as possible.
If you happen to encounter this reboot issue, please follow the steps below to reset your TV Internet connection.
- Disconnect your TV from your network by the method that matches your Internet connection type.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable.
- Disconnect the USB wireless adapter dongle (if equipped).
- Use your remote control to access the network settings in the TV setup menu and disconnect the wireless connection.
- Turn the TV off.
- Reset your router or access point by disconnecting, and then reconnecting the power cord.
- Turn the TV on.
- Reconnect the TV to your network based on your Internet connection type.
- Re-attach the Ethernet cable.
- Reconnect the USB wireless adapter dongle (if equipped).
- Use your remote control to access the network settings in the TV setup menu and enable the wireless connection.
Your satisfaction is important to us. We appreciate your patience, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.