Follow these steps to program the remote control.
IMPORTANT: This remote control is only programmable using the learn function and does not have any manufacturer programming codes.
- Place the remote control on a flat surface.
- Place the remote control of the device to be controlled, head-to-head, and approximately 2 inches from the remote control being programmed.
- On the receiver remote control, press the FUNCTION button for the component to be programmed.
- Using the tip of a ball point pen, press the LEARN button so that the LEARN indicator lights up.
- Press and hold the button on the receiver remote control that is to learn the signal until the LEARN indicator blinks slowly.
- On the other remote control, press and hold the button that is to be learned.
- When the LEARN indicator on the receiver remote lights up, release both buttons.
NOTE: Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for any other buttons that you may want to program.
- Using the tip of a ball point pen, press the LEARN button.
- When the batteries are replaced, the programmed codes may be erased. It may be necessary to reprogram the remote after replacing the batteries.
- The operation of a combination deck of any kind is not guaranteed.
- Some product functions may not be able to be controlled by the remote control. Use the remote control provided with the component.
- In some rare cases, you may not be able to operate your non-Sony equipment with the supplied remote control. This is because your equipment may use a code that is not provided with this remote control. In this case, please use the equipment's own remote control.